Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I'm Becoming a Novelist!

Yeah, write! (get the pun?) Anyhoo, the National Novel Writing Month challenge officially began on November 1. I figured out that if I am to succeed at this, I have to write 1,667 words per day! Well, I'm already off to a bad start ... a really bad start. I didn't write any words yesterday and only about 1,000 the day before. But worse than that is the fact I don't have a clue what I'm writing about. I don't have a plot, I don't have a direction or an idea, just very general things. But that's the wonderful thing about this contest. Normally, this "book" would never get written cuz I'd spend too much time worrying about how crappy it is instead of just letting it "flow". So, all I have to do is sit down and write whatever comes into my head and if the end product is pure shit, it's all good. I've never been able to say that before. I tell ya, it's very releasing! And exciting too! So, if u want to keep up with my pure shit, bookmark or blogmark this LINK now. I don't even have a name for it yet and usually I come up with titles first. That's how backwards this all is. Cool!

ps. Bush won. I'm very saddened by this.

Ta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home